A BIG Move and some great news!

10.20.2008
Ok, so its not really a BIG move, per se. We are still in Hawaii. We just moved to another apartment. But in terms of hassle, its been a really big one! LOL! We are still setting up our new place. I had no idea that we had bought so much stuff over the past one year. No more shopping for the next one year! :) And I really need to get rid of things. I get attached to stuff pretty soon, so I have an older pressure cooker, that I really shouldn't be needing... because my mom's gifted me a brand new one. I have two boxes full of my practice flowers! Can't use them (because they are all different) and can't throw them (because mostly, nothing's wrong with them!) . I have beads, that I don't use anymore (I used to dabble in jewelry once, no time anymore. But I have beautiful and pretty expensive beads...). A whole lot of extra stuff? Do all ladies have these... unused things, which we just can't throw away? :) Or is it just me? It would be interesting to know.


Even while we were moving stuff, I'd keep doing my flowers whenever I had a few minutes. My husband - Sarang- got so mad at me! :) LOL! Somehow I have this dreadful feeling that if I don't do my flowers for even a day, I will forget how to do them.
Now, coming to the new apartment - Its a beautiful place. And its got central A/C (not such a common thing in Honolulu) and a DISHWASHER (that makes me want to dance .... its one housejob less!) too. These we did not have in our previous apartment. We also have a peekaboo of the Pacific Ocean in this one . And we have a much needed Lanai (that's what we call balconies in Hawaii). A lot to love in this new place. But we will sure miss our old one as well... it had red accent walls and was open on 3 sides. But well, you gain some, you lose some. I have put up some photos of my new place. I hope you like them.

Oh! I forgot to tell you the BIGGEST news from the past week... Nella, my bride from the United Kingdom... sent me links to her wedding photos. I was so thrilled! As I mentioned before, she got married in a Scottish Manor. And my flowers looked so grand there. For a moment, I thought, "Wow! Those flowers look great!", when realization struck me that I actually MADE those flowers and being tough on myself, I reminded me - that I shouldn't get carried away, and I shouldn't get complacent and that I have to do better and I can do better :). Its something that has been instilled in me... that if I feel proud about what I have achieved, I will never improve on my achievements. So, I just feel happy, do a reality check and move on... striving to do better the next time. Ok, now I don't want to sound like a pompous fool! So I shall stop talking about how wonderful I am :). Anyway... coming back to Nella, she will be sending me a CD soon. As soon as I get it, I shall upload some photos for everyone to see!

Alright, got to get back to work now.... the setting-up-home kind of work. Not the nice flower-making kind of work :(. But I'll be back ... and soon.
PS: I think this is the longest post I have ever written. LOL!

10 comments:

Jennie said...

The new place looks great, Deb! And a lanai, yay!!! That's wonderful news about the wedding- how awesome to get to see your creations in action. I look forward to seeing the pictures when you get the CD :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Congrats on the new place & what awesome news about the wedding! Your creations are beautiful!

=) melanie

Sarah Jane said...

Oh my gosh, a dishwasher! Yay! We have one in this house and I am SO thrilled with it. Not only does it make dishes easy, but I KNOW that everything that comes out is sterile. :)

The new place looks awesome! I am so jealous of your A/C, lol.

And the bouquet is gorgeous. I can just imagine your beautiful flowers in a Scottish manor! How exciting! :)

For the flowers that don't have matches, could you glue a sturdy magnet to the back and sell them in your Etsy shop? You could do an assorted set of six, or something. People love items that are beautiful and practical, and who doesn't need more fridge magnets? :)

Schar Freeman said...

Aloha Deb,
ooooo I like you new hale! Nice view too no? Can hardly wait for more photos of the wedding in a Scottish manor..kewel!

I love Sarahs idea about the flower magnets. I was thinking just glue them on a clippy too...and those beads you could sell on Etsy as supplies. I bet plenty of our jewel huggers would be interested.

malama pono,
schar

Debashri said...

What wonderful ideas you ladies give me! Thanks for being there for me, all of you wonderful people! :) I shall implement these ideas soon :)

Debashri said...

And yes, this place really looks nice. I finished setting up and cleaning up the mess in the kitchen... tomorrow ... well, let's see what I get done tomorrow. For now, I just have to sleep :)

Debashri said...

And thanks for the great words about my bouquet :). Shall definitely share pictures with you, as soon as I have them

Linda said...

After I had been in America I bought a tiny dishwasher. It is SUCH a delightful luxury so I can understand how excited you feel about it.

Now, young Deb, this business about being proud of something meaning you become complacent and stop striving, stop improving. Do you really think this is wholly right?
Is there a place for feeling rightly pleased with what you have created? Feeling pleased and proud can include the knowledge that something is not perfect; why should something have to be perfect before you feel good about your creation?

Linda said...

I was tagged by Robin

Now I am tagging you. Read my blog to see my 7 weird and not so weird facts about me.
Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

Debashri said...

Hmm Linda.... interesting words about being pleased and proud of one's ahievements. I have always believed what I have written. Especially, the pride part. :) But yes, it might not always be a bad thing. I sometimes really want to feel a little proud :).